Saturday, July 6, 2013

ONE SHOT!

I have just finished another Jack Reacher novel by Mr. Lee Child - anther great read (or should I say listen as I actually listened to the audio book performed by the best reader in the world - Jeff Harding!)

I enjoyed it thoroughly and listened well into the night and into the next day. Jack Reacher - invincible!

But, I could not help drawing a comparison between the book and that terrible movie that spawned from it. Don't get me wrong Tom Cruise is an excellent actor, I cannot think of another movie where he has not done an extraordinary job. If the movie had been completely dissociated from the Jack Reacher series, it would not have been a bad movie in itself - plenty of action, wisecracks and fast moving.

However, Jack Reacher is described as 6'5" - Tom Cruise? Really? That's the person that first came to mind? Insane!

In every book that I have read so far in the Reacher series (about 8) one of the very few faults ascribed to Reacher is that he is a poor driver. What do the script writers do? Put in a boring and overdone car chase! Insane!

The plot in the book is so much better than what the scriptwriters came up for the movie that one wonders why Mr Child ever agreed to lend his prestigious name to it at all.

If there is ever another Jack Reacher movie I hope that a more apt actor will be chosen, personally I reckon Hugh Jackman was made for it!


What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment